Jerky and smoked meat sticks are both good snacks, but they have major differences in preparation, flavor, and texture. Sometimes people use the terms interchangeably even though jerky and smoked meat sticks are far from the same.
Beef Jerky Vs. Country Meats Smoked Snack Sticks
Let’s take a look at what makes jerky different from a smoked meat stick.
- Jerky is made by drying out thin strips of muscle meat that have been cured with salt, spices, and other preservatives. The result is a dehydrated strip of lean meat, which is often chewy and tough.
- Our smoked meat sticks are made similarly to sausage, with finely ground meat seasoned with spices, sauces, or extracts. The meat is pushed into thin casings, cured, then smoked to perfection, creating a soft meat stick that holds flavor well and is easy to chew.
Some people prefer smoked meat sticks to jerky because they are softer and easier to chew, which can be an important factor if you’re grabbing a quick protein snack during sports practice, between gym sets, or during a hike. The smoking process also helps bring out the flavor of the meat and seasonings.
However, jerky and smoked meat sticks do have some important things in common:
- Both are high in protein.
- Both have a long shelf life in their packaging.
- Both are portable and convenient snacks.
We prefer the complexity smoking gives the meat and seasonings, and we enjoy crafting delicious new flavors to add to our growing inventory of 12+ tantalizing meat sticks. From the spice of chili peppers to the tangy goodness of sweet BBQ to the satisfying taste of cheddar cheese and ham, we have a range of smoked meat sticks to please every palate.
What Are Country Meats Snack Sticks Made Of?
We start with the highest quality pork available. From there, we add spices, seasoning ingredients, and only the preservatives necessary to keep the meat sticks fresh and delicious. You can find out everything you want to know about what’s in each particular meat stick by checking out our flavor pages and nutrition facts.
We’ve been making our mouthwatering snack sticks since our founder Jerry Geatches hand-built the very first Country Meats smoker in the 1970s. We’ve grown a lot since then and are proud to make a reliable, successful fundraising product for nonprofits all over the country. If you have a nonprofit and are interested in talking with us about hosting a Country Meats smoked meat sticks fundraiser, give us a call at (800) 277-8989 or send an email to email@example.com. We’ll be happy to tell you more about our products and why they make the perfect fundraiser.