A good school fundraiser can be a great one with parental support, and knowing how to write a compelling fundraising letter helps with parent buy-in. Whether you need their participation or you simply want to inform them about what’s going on, there are certain elements to a successful fundraising letter. Use them, and there’s an excellent chance that your school’s parents will get excited about helping you raise money.
What To Include in Your School Fundraising Letter
Your fundraising letter to parents should include nine elements:
- Attention-grabbing header (for snail mail) or subject line (for emails). This is the first thing the parents read, so it needs to make them want to keep reading.
- Personalized greeting. Address the recipients by name, as opposed to a general “Dear Parents” letter.
- Clear and concise introduction. State the purpose of the letter and why you’re raising money.
- A brief story or anecdote to build connection. People get emotionally invested through storytelling. Share a story about how the funds raised will directly benefit students and improve their learning experience.
- The fundraising goal. Directly state the amount of money you want to raise and how the funds will be used.
- List of ways parents can get involved. Explain there are multiple ways parents can help the school/students reach their goal: buying the products, volunteering, selling the products, sharing on social media, etc.
- Dates for duration of fundraiser. Let parents know when the fundraiser starts and when it ends.
- Expression of gratitude. Thank parents for their support, both past and present. Let them know how much their contributions are appreciated.
- Contact information. Include a phone number, email, and social media channels so that parents can ask questions and get involved.
What To Include in Your School’s Country Meats Fundraiser Letter
When your school chooses to raise money with Country Meats, you’ll want to add information about our products to help parents get excited about the fundraiser. If this is your school’s first time raising money with Country Meats snack sticks, you’ll also want to highlight that we have decades of proven success helping schools just like yours achieve their fundraising goals. Our smoked pork meat sticks are delicious, sell well, and are packed with protein for a healthier snack alternative.
In your letter or email to parents, here are the additional details about Country Meats smoked pork snack sticks that you’ll want to include:
- Highlight the product:
- Include an engaging image of our snack sticks or popular flavors. There are several available on our website. We also offer a number of social media ready images for you to use.
- Describe our smoked pork meat sticks, including the fact that we offer many flavors. Note that Country Meats is a winning product for fundraising.
3. Make it easy to order and sell:
- Provide clear instructions for the type of Country Meats fundraiser you’re doing: traditional, online, or pre-orders.
- Include the deadline for orders.
- Offer multiple payment options if you are selling in-person.
- Clearly state the price of the product. You buy our Full Size Sticks for $.75 each and sell them for $1.50. Our Mini Sticks are $.50 each, and you sell them for $1.00.
4. Encourage participation:
- Share testimonials from students, teachers, or parents who have enjoyed Country Meats, or direct them to Country Meats success stories.
- Create a sense of community and encourage families to come together to support the school.
- Share the fundraising campaign on social media and other online platforms. We have created shareable images for you to post on your Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Example of a Country Meats Fundraising Letter to Parents
Dear [Parent(s’) names],
We are excited to announce our latest fundraising campaign, [Campaign name]! We’re partnering with Country Meats to sell their delicious and nutritious smoked pork snack sticks that come in a variety of flavors.
Country Meats snack sticks are made with high-quality premium pork and flavored to perfection. The company has a long history of successful school fundraising, and we look forward to selling these tasty, high-protein snacks to raise money for [Campaign name]. Getting involved in this fundraiser is a great way to show your support for our school!
[Story or anecdote. Ex: “Last year, our school soccer team couldn’t compete in the state playoffs because we didn’t have funds for transportation. This year, with the money we raise from our Country Meats fundraiser, we will have enough resources to hire a bus, driver, and pay for fuel.”] [Add testimonial to conclude the paragraph. You can use a quote from our website or blog if you don’t have one.]
All proceeds from the sale of our Country Meats fundraiser will go directly towards [Specific program or need]. Your contributions to our fundraising efforts will help us provide our students with the resources they need to succeed.
Here’s how parents can boost the success of our fundraiser:
- Help sell the meat sticks in person at [these locations/dates/times].
- Promote our online fundraiser on your social media.
- Take pre-orders at your work, clubs, or other relevant activities.
- Volunteer to help organize students or deliver the meat sticks.
Fundraiser duration: [Dates]
- $1.50 per Full Size Stick
- $1.00 per Mini Stick
We are grateful for your continued support of our school. Together, we can make a difference in the lives of our students!
The [School name] Team
[Social media handles]
Use a Country Meats Fundraiser for Your School
We’re a family-owned and operated business out of Ocala, Florida, and we make and package our products ourselves in our own facilities. The fact that we’re an American, family-owned business makes a lot of people feel good about selling our smoked meat snack sticks—and we certainly feel good about helping your school raise money for whatever it needs.
For more information about fundraising for your school with Country Meats products, reach out to us at 1 (800) 277-8989 or email@example.com. Feel free to use our Live Chat tool, as well! If you’ve never tried our delicious meat sticks, we invite you to try a free sample pack of our most popular flavors.